Monday, May 29, 2006

Research Seminar and a Crazy Saturday Night

I had this Research Seminar for Comm1 last Tuesday, yes, Tuesday, a day after my 2-day puke and diaorrhea situation. Anyways, I prepared Overhead Transparencies and palm cards cos those were the requirements. Ah, another requirement: Dress formally. Hmm... I scanned through my wardrobe. Ok. I think I can pull that off.

Next morning, I put on a long black skirt and a frilly black top that my mom bought for me. I wore a formal jacket over my top and put on the spider earrings i bought in Gold Coast. Hmm... shoes... I put on these Esprit sandals my dad bought for me and left the house with my backpack and my sunglasses. Haha... Guess what kind of reaction people gave me... It was worse than the "jeans day". Che Wan was the first to see me, he bumped into me in the corridor, at a glance he said "hi" and continued walking, then he stopped and went "wow" in a teasing sort of way, not in an impressed way, more like surprised. Then at the end of the corridor, where Helen's class was, Kannan, as usual, was already sitting on the floor waiting. He too from far went "wow". Okay, then even worse. I put down my bag and stuff and headed for the toilet to powder my nose. NO!!! Kidding!!! I don't use make-up. Duh. If you just went "wow" there, I'll get you for it. Hehe... Joking. Anyways, I needed to pee, i was nervous, if you know me really well then you'll know that when i'm really nervous i also have to ____. Yup. But I didn't. Anyways, the toilets are situated in the middle of the long hallway on all floors. As i was walking from the end to the middle, Helen was walking my way. And guess what, I greeted her as usual, "morning, Helen." And she gave me a blank look and replied while chuckling, "Oh Jamie! I didn't even recognize you! Oh, you look stunning!" Aah... Stunning good or stunning bad? Anyways, that morning before class started, we were given a survey by the school to see what we thought of the class and stuff. As well, Scott Leiseman, my Math teacher and Director of Studies came in to check the attendance rate and when he saw me he said to Helen, "wow,I see Jamie's all dressed up today..." Haha...was the 3rd to give my presentation and it all went well, at least i didn't stuff up. But before it was my turn, Carol was presenting, Shairah, Martha, Sonia and Sue(during their break, they're in a different Comm class with Marlyn as their teacher) came over and tried to take a peek through the glass pane in the door to see how i was dressed. Gees, and Helen, unbeknownst to the situation or the reason for that, actually had to walk over to the door and pretend to open the door by putting her hand on the knob, which of course made them bolt. Haha... Was funny. And when i was preparing my transparencies and getting ready, Yuka was like, "She's all dressed up today (in an encouraging way, she's cool and nice, that wasn't a bitchy comment or anything), that's why they were gathered at the door, they wanted to see how she looked." I was like.... God!!! Well, at least Helen was encouraging when she said, "Oh really? I think she looks amazing." Haha... Yeah... Anyways, after class, there was a 10 minute break until OM class so i was sitting outside on a bench, after a while, from behind i heard, "Oh my God! Jamie!!!" Then guess who.... Shai, Martha, Sonia and Sue came running out and Sonia having said before that "I'd faint if one day i saw you in a skirt" actually purposely "fell" on the floor... actually it was more like lay on the concrete floor to express her shock. It was funny actually. And they ACTUALLY took out their phones and started taking pictures... Gosh, and everyone in that compound was staring at what all the commotion was about. Hilarious really, all their reactions. Yeah, anyways, they said i looked nice, at least they were supportive of me, seeing as how i hardly ever wear skirts in public. Hehe...

Moving down the week to Friday night when I was at the cinema with Alan, Kannan, Sue, Othman and Abdullah watching X-men 3, Bing messaged me asking if i wanted to have dinner Saturday night. I figured why not since i planned on studying the whole weekend, 2 hours out should be fun, we agreed it should be at 7pm.

So on Saturday night, Bing was 20 minutes late, and for some reason, i had a feeling it wouldn't just be the both of us. So when he finally turned up, he called me saying he was downstairs and so i zipped up(yes, the weather is getting really cold, 3-8 degrees) and went downstairs. As i was walking towards Bing, he told me he left his bus ticket in the car and had to go get it (his car was parked down the street a bit further away). As i stood beside him, he directed me towards his car and I could see someone in a hooded jacket walk up from behind me. And guess who. Shannon Shannon Shannon, hai... tried to scare me second time in 2 months, really not good for my heart. Hahaha... I was glad to see him though, don't get me wrong, something about friends from back home that just calms you down. I sorta punched his ribs and strangled him though, out of pure frustration and glee. Anyways, turns out he had been here since Monday and didn't tell me!!! Ahh!!! He came back for some "personal matter". Never told me what, must've been REALLY "PERSONAL". Will always wonder... Anyways, we had dinner at the same Korean place Bing and I ate at and then headed to my place after we couldn't find any open BWS stores. Bing said, "Nevermind, we'll go to the one in Toowong (where he lived) then go back and drink at your place." AND I THOUGHT IT'D JUST BE A 2 HOUR DINNER AND I'D GET BACK TO STUDYING!!! Boy, was i wrong. Bing drove us there and we picked up 4 different packs: West Coast, Rum and Cola, SkyBlue Lime and Schmirnoff Ice. And therefore i quote from Kev, "mixing drinks is a surefire way to get shitfaced". Go figure... Hahaha.

Back at my place, we sat in a circle and they taught me how to play a common drinking game called 5, 10, 15... It's a game with our hands where we can only display zero (minimum), five or ten (maximum). At the same time, you say a number, in our case, 3 people playing, the max number was 30. Everytime you get it right, the other two would drink. It was fun. But after a while, all the gas from the drinks were really getting to us, so we had an intermission by playing truth or dare with one of our empty bottles. Let's just say none of us wanted "dare" cos it would be to drink even more and none of us wanted that, so everyone was going for truth. So actually we played Truth and not Truth or Dare. Haha... Some revealing truths were exposed and we agreed it'd all stay between the 3 of us. Funny how quickly you can get to know someone while playing truth or dare... i mean, truth. And the whole night we kept alternating to go to the toilet... Bladders too small. It was loads of fun though. Sometimes we'd laugh so loud i felt guilty cos the Indo couple were sleeping. Haha... Then at 4.40am, Shannon said he'd better go, Jess was waiting for him and he didn't have the keys, which was cue for "party's over". Bing had to send Shannon home and asked if i could accompany him, then he'd send me back. He didn't want to have to face Jess. Haha... So i agreed. At close to 5am, we reached Jess's place, I couldn't stand it, i had to pee. So i asked if i could use her toilet. Of course she let me, and i actually had to sit there for close to 20 mins cos i'd been holding it in for some time and it wasn't coming out. Dang... When i finally came out, I said thanks and bye and we left. On the way back we talked more about the truth or dare session, i mean the truth session and stuff and i got back at 5.30am.

Okay, so i brushed my teeth and tried to clean my carpet cos I had knocked my West Coast over when i was laughing. I could see the sun coming up at 6am and by 6.30am i went to bed. Phew... What a night. Great fun though, even if i really should have been studying. But how often does Shannon come around? Yeah, good fun. I had set the alarm for 12.10pm the next day to make sure i had enough sleep and could study. But i got up myself at 11am, don't know why. Haha... Felt guilty for not studying I guess. That's all that's happened for now.

Thanks for reading and thanks for caring!

3 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

has the world gone upside down? jamie... wearing a skirt?! woah,

10:00 PM  
Blogger Tsendo said...

yea man....photos photos n photos....

10:53 PM  
Blogger My life in Brisbane, if you care... said...

Thanks kev, clearly you're the most supportive. Hehe... Knew that already though. Thanks for the wise words too. Cheers!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home