Me and My TV
But this CRAP had to happen... So basically after i travelled back and forth from my room and the kitchen to check on the tv and my cooking, there was still no signal and i started to grow anxious. I was thinking the whole time, i had these questions with no one to ask... like, "Can the tv reception really be affected by weather HERE? Furthermore, it is ONLY local tv."
So i started eating in front of the blank-screen tv, with each spoonful my anxiety level increased. I only had 3 spoonfuls when i couldn't stand waiting anymore and so i started to frantically fiddle with the LEGEND player (this thing that looks like an Astro receiver/ a Foxtel receiver), turning it on and off and re-scanning for channels... Turning it on and off didn't work.... Neither did re-scanning for channels, the only thing that turned up was a blank sheet of channels. The receiver couldn't pick up any channels. I started to panic, HOW AM I GONNA FIX THIS? WHO WILL I GO TO? WHERE DO I GO TO FIX IT? IF I DON'T FIX IT, WILL IT GO BACK TO NORMAL ONCE THE RAIN STOPS? HOW AM I GONNA LIVE WITHOUT TELEVISION?
Then, amidst my frustration, confusion and panic, Yuka calls. I answer the phone, she asks me if i'd like to go over for dinner, she just finished cooking. I look at the clock, 8.47pm. I think, 'Hmm..." then tell her that i actually just cooked and that it's hard for me to walk over since it's raining. She apologizes for calling me so late and says next time she'll call earlier. She explains how it wasn't planned so that's why it was so last minute. I say it's okay... No problem... Then i ask her the most important question-"Does your tv work?" She tells me it does and so i tell her mine doesn't and i'm trying to fix it so thanks anyways for the invite.
I hang up and continue working in my dread. This time i think back to what i'd do if that happened to the Astro at home. Then it came to me -Ding!-lightbulb- the MAIN SWITCH!!! I look for the switch on the wall beside my mattress... ARGHHH!! Can't reach it... can't find it... Ah... Got it. I flick the switch and hope for the best. I turn it back on and watch the TV and LEGEND receiver turn on standby mode.... Brace myself.... I switch on the tv and then the receiver.... I search the menu for the SCAN option and wait for it to start the scan... 1%.... No channels... Just like before... CRAP!... But just as my hope faded and i started to stress out again, i glance at the tv to find that at 6% of scanning, channel 7 was found... YES! HOORAH!! YIPEE!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! It works... thank GOD... He knows i can't live without my tv.
I wait for the scan to end and finally pick up my bowl of steamed rice and fried beef with raw carrots. Ah... finally i'm able to relax. I look at the clock, 9pm. At least i only missed half. Phew... sense of relief.
That's my little episode. Haha. Gave me a hell of a fright.
Thanks for reading and thanks for caring.

6 Comments:
haha..tv maniac...did u watch da FA cup final last saturday!!!~??? IF U DIN U JUST MISSED DA BEST SOCCER GAME OF UR LIFE EVEN THOUGH U DUN LIKE SOCCER YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SWEATING AND PRAYING AND SHIVERING WHILE WATCHING>......holy shit..seriously....i hvnt seen anything quite like that before...it was MAGIC@!!!!!! OMFG.....it was unbelievable.....seriously unbelievable....... that game will go down as one of the best in footballing history....my gosh.... it was truly truly magic
Wes, i was asleep when that was on. Sleep is more important than a soccer game. But from what i heard, both Ronaldinho and Henry played badly. I bet it was all the pressure. YEAH ARGENTINA!!!!
Ronaldinho n Henry??? nononononononono......wrong game game..i was sleeping 2...dat was on thursday morning...da 1 im tokin abt was on saturday nite laz week...ur tokin abt da CL FINAL...im tokin abt da FA CUP FINAL....oo...dat was truly magic at its best....
All hail Steven Gerrard
oo..u go 4 argentina?
u know u can simmer the carrots before eating.. to remove the 'raw' taste. Anyway, shit things like that happens.
Yep, Argentina if it's against Arsenal. Arsenal is overrated. Hehe. In my opinion.
Post a Comment
<< Home