Monday, May 08, 2006

Funny Story

Thanks guys for your oh-so-"wonderful" comments... NOT...

Anyways, short anecdote with my cooking that i know once people read this will think i'm pretty stupid when it comes to cooking in the kitchen...

I decided to cook fried rice with beef and veggies one day, i can't remember when. So i washed the grains of rice, or should i say rinsed them so they were "cleaner", chopped up meat and veggies and put them onto my frying pan. I added olive oil and turned on the electric stove. After a while, i realized the grains were still the same size as before when they weren't cooked. They did not expand as usual when i cooked them in the rice cooker. And another thing was that they were sorta stuck together at the base and were a bit brown in colour. I disregarded these facts and once the meat and veggies were cooked, i scooped everything up and put them into a bowl. I then started eating. I realized the rice was hard and it was inpossible to chew it... It was really hard. I had a few spoonfuls of rice and beef with veggies and soon gave up eating the rice altogether. I had a feeling the rice was either burnt or wasn't cooked at all. I took my spoon out and started eating with my hands picking and dividing the grains from the beef and veggies. I threw the rice away in the end, it was impossible to eat, i would've lost a few teeth had i tried.

Then today, i went grocery shopping with Shairah and Sue, i asked Shairah how to cook fried rice and told her what i did. She couldn't answer me until she stopped laughing 10 minutes later. She was laughing so loud that some shoppers were looking at her. I waited patiently for her to finish giggling and answer my question. Apparently i'm supposed to cook the rice in the rice cooker before mixing it in the frying pan with my veggies and meat. Dang... No wonder... I was actually eating uncooked rice that night. Luckily i didn't get diaorrhea or anything. Haha... Yeah. I suck when it comes to cooking. So just thought i'd let you know before you heard it from someone else. Shai said she'd never let me live it down. Haha... She wants to tell everyone. God... why do i have such friends? And why can't cooking be easier?

Anyways, on to more serious things, I went to Shannon's farewell/birthday barbeque on Friday night. It was fun meeting new people like the older prefects and hanging out with some old friends like Phaedra, Cheryl(not so old), Adam(not so old), Olivia (from Taekwondo Club) and Jensen. Shannon got tossed into the pool by some of the guys. All in all we had a great time just chatting and eating. I even met Leslie Chiu's (my Econs1 teacher at the moment) niece, Andrea Chu. She's 5 years older than me and was a prefect when i was in Junior 1. Talk about blast from the past. So that's the short story.

Thanks for reading and thanks for caring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

OMG.. perhaps you need to spend more time in the kitchen. :D i can't believe you actually did that...hahaha... 'fry' rice

9:24 PM  
Blogger Tsendo said...

oo well....shits happen...rite? =B

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home