Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Highlights

"VISITOR" IN THE NIGHT

Last Thursday night, Shirley's good friend, Iranian girl with small bone structure, Sasha, came over to stay (in Shirley's room of course). At about 11pm, both of them leave the apartment all dressed up (i assume they were going to hit the clubs). Before they leave, Shirl knocks on my door while i was talking to my loved one on the phone (a.k.a my mom), telling me not to put the chain on for the apartment door... So i say sure... plus i don't normally do that anyways. So they leave and i'm all alone in the apartment, just how i like it... I watch How I Met Your Mother, My Name's Earl, Lost, Family Guy... stuff like that on tv while doing my weekly IMT (intro to multimedia tech) readings, which i have loads... I sleep at 2.15am.

At about 3.15am, I wake in a confused and blur state as i hear a constant pounding in the distance... Hmm... I thought i was dreaming at first... but after awhile, i woke in slight shock as to why there was pounding on the door outside... I put on my glasses and got out of bed, opened my room door to see what was going on... I screamed out, "who is it?" and Shirley screamed back, "it's me!". Ah... right... who else could it be????? I open the door to see that Sash is sitting in a ball, curled with her back to the wall... apparently trying to sleep... Shirley was the one who was constantly pounding on the door... She sighed in relief and said, "finally! oh... i'm so sorry... i took the wrong key. We've been out here for about half an hour." Shirley keeps apologizing, but in the state i was in, i was still dreamy and delirious. But still i told her, "no problem, i only slept an hour ago anyways," as i walked back slowly to my room with Shirl still apologizing. I crawled back into bed and slept soon after... I was really tired.


CHOCOLATES... HOW SWEET...

Next morning i leave the house for school that starts at 9am. I return in the afternoon to find a 3-pack Ferrero Rocher on my room door mat with a piece of paper from Shirley saying sorry again and explaining that she had taken the wrong key. I thought to myself... "at least she's nice about it... Sweet". I wasn't extremely annoyed or anything... So i knocked on her door and after a while she woke from her nap and opened the door. She told me she was excused from work cos she got food poisoning and was vomiting at work, and that after vomiting her breakfast she still continued to vomit bile... Hmm.... I thought to myself, " i didn't need to know that... too much information... hahaha". But i had that experience before and it makes you feel terrible... She was in the mood to talk... regardless of her state... So being the good listener i am, i listened and responded accordingly.... Guess what she talked about? hahaha... CLUBBING!!! She talked about the previous night out with Sash... I bet she could write a book with compiled stories of her clubbing. Hmm... Funny...

EXCHANGING OF GOODS AND BUYING A GAMECUBE

Friday, class ends at 1pm for both Shai and I... I needed to exchange a skirt my mom bought for Charlene that didn't fit and buy a Gamecube (mom's orders) from Toys'r'us (on sale at the moment) cos the gamecube games my mom bought for Dougie didn't work on the Gamecube at home... After reading the fine print, they found out that only games made for the US, Mexico and some other place would work on that Gamecube (they bought it in US). These shops i had to go to were at Garden City Shopping mall, quite far away... Last time when we shopped there, my dad rented a car so it was easy to get around. Anyway, you get my point, so I asked Shai to accompany me after her consultaion time with Lesley at 2.30pm. Shirley was talking to me about her clubbing after i just knocked on her door to thank her for the chocs and tell her she didn't need to, so i was late meeting Shai... I only got to school at 2.50pm. We then set off for Garden City. Took 2 buses to get there. By the time we reached our destination, it was about 3.45pm. I headed straight for Toys'r'us and the service there was totally crap... No one was at the "games" section to help you and the Gamecube wasn't even on display. I asked around and was directed to the cashier. I asked her and she asked another guy if it was available. Answer was yes... After a whole lot of hassle and wasted time, i finally left the shop with a Gamecube (1 controller included), a memory card and Dougie's request-- World of Warcraft PC game. They didn't have a separate controller to sell to me, so i left. The thing was that they were really short in staff, experienced staff for that matter and had to keep checking with this one guy only... So you can imagine the long queues behind me and the long, sour faces, the wasted time and the confused cashiers... I left the store at 4.15pm... clearly it took some time to buy something so simple. I pitied and felt bad for Shai who had to wait with me... I told her to go shop around and i'd give her a call but she insisted that she would wait with me.

We left Toys'r'us, FINALLY, and then proceeded to CITY BEACH... the shop where i was supposed to exchange the skirt for something for myself. I got there and waited at the cashier's... Slow again... time was ticking away. After standing there for about 10mins while Shai was outside recharging her phone, i was attended to. It's a good thing that mom didn't take out any of the tags because there was no receipt and there was a slim chance it could be exchanged. But the guy told me since the tags were in tack, i had $19 to spend. While waiting earlier, i eyed these rubber arm bands, there were many different colours available and each cost $2.95, plus they were for charity---diabetes. So i bought 7 altogether (one for every day of the week, nah, kidding, just saying... that's not my plan) , had to add $1.30, but it was all good. Yay! Burden lifted, mission complete.

We hung around for awhile, until it was almost 5pm (closing time), then we bought a shake'n'dog at Wendy's and sat down to rest. The plan was to catch a bus back after we were done eating and meet up with Martha and Sherman to watch Pirates of the Caribbean-Dead Man's Chest in the city.

We waited for quite awhile before we caught a bus just in time, long story there, basically we were waiting on the wrong level and just managed to make it when the right bus came. Shai laughed at me when i panicked (cos i saw the bus coming from upstairs, everything is glass, very nice...), i didn't know if we should run down the stairs or take the lift. So when i ran to press the button for the lift, Shai was making her way down the stairs, we were both laughing as we were hurrying down the stairs. She was laughing at my reaction. You had to be there. Hard to explain.

Anyways, we caught a bus back and walked around Myer Centre while waiting for our entourage. Sherman met up with us and we soon found out that once again, Martha blew us off. We watched the 7.45pm show. I thought it was good, but i was expecting much better. Shai thought it was really good...

After that we parted ways and went home. That was an exhausting day for me... Running around and stuff... Tiring. Maybe that's why i didn't enjoy the movie much. It was good, but i wasn't in "that" mood. Sadly... Might watch it again some other time and have a different opinion.

I got home and took a nice hot bath, was still feeling tired then. But i thought, just to be on the safe side, I'd better set up the Gamecube to see if it worked and see if the games were compatible. They all worked and I was glad... I played awhile (in a zombie-like state) until i finally decided to sleep.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY--LONELY WEEKEND, I WANTED TO BE ALONE

Last weekend i really needed to catch up on IMT readings cos i was a week behind, so naturally when Shairah told me on Friday night (after watching Pirates of the Caribbean-Dead Man's Chest) that she wanted to come over the next day, i told her we would see how things went. Then later that night, i didn't feel like it and wanted to message her to tell her. But thought i'd better not cos she might think i was being mean and preferred telling her through sms than face to face which i should've done earlier at the cinema. But she messaged me and asked if i wanted to have lunch, so i saw that as my chance to tell her... So i did... and she didn't reply...

Next morning, Saturday, she messages me saying she needs to get her books (she left her books at my place before we left for Garden City the previous day cos they were heavy) and that she'd come after lunch {with Sherman and Emily (Hong Kong girl in same homestay as both of them)} at Chinatown. Her intention was to come get books and hang out at my place, then go to the school library. I told her she could come get her books but i had lots of reading to do and so after getting her books she could go to the library but i wouldn't be going with her (harsh right? i feel a bit bad still). She then smsed back saying she felt "needy" (that's what she said), so i replied telling her that she could come get her books, i'd make her a cup of coffee and she'd tell me why she was needy and then she could go to the library (sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind). So that was agreed and so i continued on doing my thing while waiting for her to come. I told her to give me a missed call when she was on her way...

At 3.30pm, i smsed her asking if she was coming or not and told her i had plans at 4pm++. I did have plans to exercise and waiting for her would mess up my plan. So she replied at about 4pm and said she wasn't coming that day.

Sunday morning, she tells me she really needs her books and that she'd come after lunch. Ok... i told her. No prob. I had been reading the whole of saturday and started reading on Sunday morning after making pancakes... I was really tired when the clock came to 1.30pm. Shai told me earlier that she'd come at about 2pm, so, common courtesy, i smsed her saying that i was really sleepy and told her to call when she was at my door.

When i woke, i glanced at the clock sleepily, it read 3pm. I could hear the sound of what seemed like rocks being thrown at my window. OH MY GOD!!! I jumped out of bed to check my phone--8 missed calls, all from Shai. Soon my phone rang again. I answered and told her i was coming. I was still in shock when i opened the door and kept apologizing. Shai was smiling and Sherman started coming up the stairs, i invited them in with Shai's books in my hands. She came in and took them from me but then said that they were going to the library and that i needed to sleep after i offered to make them coffee, so they left after that. Hmm... i sensed dissatisfaction.

After they left i was in deep thought, she must've thought that maybe i didn't want her over so bad that i ignored her completely and pretended to be asleep or something. Then i realized... OH MY GOD. That must've looked so bad!!! But what could i do? I wasn't faking it, i really fell into a deep sleep cos i was so tired.

THIS WEEK

Kannan told me that Shai was telling him about what happened and so i quote, "being the good friend that i (Kannan) am, i told her that you were stressed and had a lot of work to do for your diploma subject." Ah... Kannan, such a good friend. He sorta helped explain what was going on. It's all good. Shai wasn't mad or anything, she just needed to talk about it with someone i guess.

Why am i here now?
1 I'm waiting for one of my siblings to come online so i can send a file with all the taeguek to Char as she will be having a belt upgrade this Friday. I couldn't attach it to an email cos the file's too big.

2 I'm taking this time to update my blog

3 I've been scanning stuff for my IMT self map

4 I've been catching up with friends on MSN.

RECENT NEWS

The Queensland Government has now banned smoking wherever food or drink is served. Yipee!! Now hopefully there will be more fresh air to go around.

Thanks for reading and thanks for caring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home