13th Feb 2006
It’s that time of the month, luckily it came early. If you still don’t know what I’m talking about, I prefer to call it the “female hibernation period”. It’s this time of the month that females have er… limited mobility, that’s one way to put it, but only for the first 3 days. The last few days, we just have to wait for it to…..er….. finish leaking. Know what I mean? Yeah. Anyways, my point being, if it came any later it would be a burden to travel with it.
16th Feb 2006
My 2nd last day in kk. What did I do? Was tired from packing till bout 3am so I slept til 2pm, later in the afternoon I got a call from my ex-classmates Nicholas, Rayner and Yyw, asking me out for a game of pool. When I got there, they decided to try something new, with enough knowledge about snooker, we got crackin. Nicholas and I vs Rayner and Yyw. We beat them by miles in points in both games we played. They were both exciting matches, and were a lot of fun. Hadn’t been out with the guys for a long time, I think bout 2 months. So it was a nice 2 games of “farewell snooker”.
There was supposed to be a “farewell” dinner for me with Has and Terr. It was originally set for Tuesday night but kept getting postponed, first, (that) Tuesday (14th feb) was Valentine’s day, Has figured the restaurants would raise the prices so we pushed it to Wednesday. But my mom asked if I could move the dinner to Thursday night cos she felt at the time I should start packing. I did pack that night so I suppose my mom was right. So dinner on Thursday night, nope, we had to cancel and move it up again cos Has (studying in I.S.) had a test the next day. So Friday night it was, it didn’t work out and had to be on Saturday night, my last night in K.K.
My mom wanted me to ask
17th Feb 2006 (my last day in K.K)
Woke up early, round 9am, had stuff to do with my mom, had stuff to collect from June’s (tailor) and few more things to buy. Had “farewell lunch” with Janice and Elaine (my friends and Chem tutors of 2005).
In the afternoon I went over to Has’s to transfer songs to my Ipod. Besides transferring songs, we also transferred some videos and Family Guy episodes.
Dinner was that night but before I could join Has and Terr, Datin Genevieve, my dad’s boss’s wife decided to treat our family to dinner (without my dad cos he was in
It was too sudden for me to honk him, which I would have done if I had a second to think. Thank God for keeping me away by inches. But I was really enraged with the stupid impatient person. I could see that after he passed me and was a few feet away, he or she (but I strongly feel it was a he, Malaysian youngsters are stupid like that) stopped completely, must’ve been wondering about… WHAT, what could he or she possibly be wondering about? A freaking dumbass!!! Didn’t even bother to stop when the lights were red (I bet, I doubt the light was yellow)!!! Argh!!!!!!!
But anyways, I made it to Yi Sing’s place at 10 something pm. Before, I also got a call from Ah Mok (my friend who I got to know while we climbed mt Kinabalu together) saying she also had something to give me. So after going to school I went to Coffee Bean where she was with her family. At coffee bean I also saw Siew Ling (Utmost member and good friend) who was celebrating her 20th birthday with her x-classmates. I was so busy that day I didn’t manage to make time for us to go out and celebrate. Around 11 something my mom called telling me
Back home Shannon showed me the prices for airfare (jetstar) from
That night my mom and I didn’t sleep because she was clearing our rooms of the stuff she bought from
18th Feb 2006 (Leaving K.K. for K.L)
Sleep deprived, my mom and I boarded the plane whilst thinking everything over and re-checking again and again for things we missed. But luckily we didn’t forget to pack anything. We slept like logs on the plane. Even the guy sitting in the window seat (I’m sure) hesitated to ask us if we could move out for him to get out to use the lavatory. It was more like board the plane, sleep, refreshments, sleep, lunch, sleep, arrive in K.L., get luggage, find taxi, sleep, arrive at hotel, get heavier lunch(2nd lunch of the day), sleep, shop for video cam tapes, get a haircut, go back to hotel, wait for dad. That was how the day went. We were soooooooo tired, we slept whenever we could. I remember after we ordered and were waiting for the food, my mom was “fishing”. Poor mom.
When my dad arrived we went for drinks at the hotel bar round 12am cos it was my birthday. But I was really emotional that day, I don’t know if it was cos I didn’t get any sleep or because I was actually sad of leaving home. I couldn’t stop listening to James Blunt on my Ipod, I guess it provided a certain comfort for my feelings of emptiness, panic, worry and confusion. Every time I even thought of my bed, or Char, Stef and Doug, or leaving my parents (or more like being left by my parents), I would tear slightly and would start to sniffle. Only 3 of my friends (Koo Thompson, Siew Ling and Shannon) wished me happy birthday, I THINK the rest didn’t because they didn’t know I had international roaming. But anyways, it doesn’t matter. I received 3 early presents and I would be on a plane on my birthday.
After drinks we had to re-pack and reduce one suitcase in order to be under the weight limit. So we did, and by the time we showered and were gonna sleep, it was about 3am. We had to wake up early, I think around 6.50am to get a taxi and reach the airport to check-in. When we got there, the lady at the counter almost refused to check our luggage in because we were too late (half an hour before take off) for international flights, luckily in the end she still did. We boarded the plane when it was time and my journey began.
Sorry I haven’t posted anything for so long, this is only half the story. Have been so busy that I haven’t had time to write about it all. Plus I didn’t have internet connection at the temporary apartments my parents and I were staying at. At the 24 hr com labs now, we got swipe cards and everything, very cool. Tell you bout more soon, such as my accommodation n stuff. Cheerio…

1 Comments:
Totally agree with irz,the adventure has just begun. everybody has to face homesickness in one point of their lives. But, visiting family members will help reduce the home sickness. :)!
Post a Comment
<< Home