Avril's New Album - The Best Damn Thing (2007): A Quick Comment
I downloaded Avril's latest album 5 minutes ago, and quickly clicked my way through the songs. And sadly, what Daniel said is not true, although i had hoped it would be. NO!!! GIRLFRIEND IS NOT THE ONLY SONG THAT SOUNDS LIKE THAT ON THE ALBUM!!!
About 85% of the album sounds like that. And only traces of dark-side are left (the only song that sounds slightly like her old self - Innocence) and only the tune sounds like her old tunes, the lyrics are so... "i love my life, i've found where i belong, i feel so safe, i feel like myself" shit, you have no idea how shattered i felt after clicking and listening to 10 seconds of each track, and each time it got worse and worse. If you thought she was POP to begin with (her Let Go and Under My Skin albums), boy, were you wrong! She is EVEN MORE POP-SY!!! Holy Crap!
I seriously think marriage has gotten to her. It must've changed her brain functions and as a result, her music. I wish I didn't have to say this, but i hope her sales for this album plummet. That'll teach her to go back to what she used to be. Hopefully then, i wouldn't have completely lost hope on her.
Avril!!! Snap out of it!!!!
Oh, in case any of you were confused, the title "The Best Damn Thing" is not my comment about her album being the best damn thing, it's the title of her album. And if i was her production manager, as a big fan of her previous work, i would name this album, "The Worst Friggin' Thing".
Thanks for reading and thanks for caring!

4 Comments:
HAHAHA! calm down..
I havent heard the other songs of her besides Girlfriend. I thought others will be okay.. i was thinking to buy her album.. hmmmm...
i think i will download the whole album and try it before i go n buy it..
by the way, that day i went to youtube and search for spongebob's episodes. you know what, i saw Avril's mtv (taken in the studio) singing the Spongebob movie's theme song. Go and see it. HAHA! "SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!SPONGEBOB~ SQUAREPANTS~" I was like oh-my-god when i saw that.. HAHAHA!
Ui, lil d, you didn't know she sang the soundtrack for spongebob? Haha... I just haven't seen the video. Song's okay.
I didn't know lahh.. cheh..I thought it's a suprise.
the video's nothing special..just that she's shouting and rocking with the spongebob's song.. -_-" hahaha..
You shoulda bought her album straight away without downloading it if you liked her that much. I bought every subsequent Garbage album once I realised I liked the first one.
Post a Comment
<< Home